This afternoon I have been working on une tarte crème de citron or lemon cream tart. In this whole process, what I have enjoyed the most is my lemon cream and the sifter I used for it, which basically cleaned up the mess I had made in the cream to produce something smooth. It is an amazing tool! As of now, my favorite tool is a Chinese sifter. The last batch of tarts are baking now, but I will upload pictures of the process. It's been a good day.
8:37pm
I made a major mistake on my tarts, but this is my first time, so the learning curve is high.
12:06am
This is my first time making une tarte of any kind, so I'm happy with this first attempt. I hope to improve on the presentation. Bon appétit!
Something I have thought about consistently while visiting the grocery stores, is how I will find the same or at least similar ingredients I use here back in the States. For example, we don't have coing, which is a type of fruit, in the States. It looks kind of similar to a pear, but it's distinct, so hopefully I will be able to find something similar when I return.
12:32am
I just bit into the tarte and I was actually nervous. I don't know what I was expecting ... I guess something that would be mildly edible. But despite the mistake I made in the tart ... it's kind of awesome - praise be Jesus Christ!
No comments:
Post a Comment