12:22pm, room
Paris
Today I am headed to a free art showing and then will make my way to le Jardin du Luxembourg. I was inspired by the First Reading in today's Office of Readings that talks about a rebellious children whereupon the Lord is just waiting to give favors if only they would find rest in him.
"By waiting and by calm you shall be saved, in quiet and in trust your strength lies." Throughout this trip, I feel as if I have been trying to 'make things happen' and they have not happened or I end up being frustrated. However, when I am not planning anything but praying and trusting, everything just falls into place. This is a constant struggle. It's hard when you've organized in the past to not have plans or to not have things set or if it's just your personality to be like this, but God just works in ways otherwise.
11pm, Paris
Today I tried to buy a copy of La Maison-Dieu's Le Mouvement liturgique; but apparently despite that I had ordered it from La Procure and was told to come in, they are actually not selling this anymore. I'm fairly confident there was a serious miscommunication. It's fine though as copies from this particular issue were emailed to me today! And of all days when I was disappointed and had been waiting weeks ... the USML library's scanner was finally fixed - praise be Jesus Christ! I was able to get next month's Magnificat though, so no trip was wasted!
I then went to see a free art exhibition of paintings looking at people who had experienced suffering and hope through tradgedy. The exhibition had about 30 paintings of the faces of children, women, and men and the artist's name is Antonio Veronesse. It was a compelling range of emotions and a emphasized specifically with the artist's use of the colors red, white, organge, and black.
The rest of the day I read up on readings within the Liturgical Movement in le Jardin du Luxembourg to prepare me for when I visit the monasteries. Woo hoo ... the details for preparing this are becoming refined with each day. Mass was at L'Église Étienne du Mont.
No comments:
Post a Comment