I celebrated the evening making my meal a mix of french and filipino. You could never take the rice out of me! Today was a good day; and due of celebration, so I celebrated with my first purchase of inexpensive (and still delicious!) bottle of du vin rouge (red wine). In a short amount of time, I was able to accomplish much ... so I guess in some ways, no matter where you go ... your personality just stays the same. Today I went shopping for hours looking at the prices at Bovida and Mora for professional cookware. Once everything was sufficient, I went to Darty to purchase an electric product. Then, off to a pâtisserie. Dropped off things at my flat and called various financial institutions. Then, off to Mass at Saint-Lambert's. Finally, what I couldn't find at Edy's, I went to another grocery store where the cashier was so entertaining - very refreshing for a long day! What I loved was the employee helped me find the ingredients I needed! Tomorrow tools in hand and ingredients ready ... I plan on creating something.
So, it turns out the laws in France are such that if you want to work and even volunteer to work at any French business, you need the necessary paperwork and there needs to be some form of declaration. I did not know that! And what I have been aiming for - that is, volunteering - is simply not possible given the laws here. It's cool, and that's how it goes. I finally understood why today when someone explained to me in french and slowly what was required. Onto plan 2: it's onto taking courses in des pâtisseries with the cuisine classes or schools that cater to short stays! It will just be a lot of practice at home...
No comments:
Post a Comment