This weekend I had hoped to visit Solemes and the great Abbaye, but these plans have fallen through and it looks like it will be Paris for the weekend. It's, of course, not a bad thing ... as it's been raining consistently over the past couple days. The forecast for this weekend is 80's and sun.
We never know what God will bring into our paths or where we are going or what lies ahead, and there's only so much planning we can do. In my case, I am very particular with my time but working on God's time can throw you for a loop. My challenge for tonight is to embrace the unexpected and to just trust.
I will praise God for one thing tonight and that is my wonderful flatmate, Emilie. She is a real girl and a good friend I just feel I am so lucky to have while on this trip. She has helped me process stuff as it comes, helped my french, been a great roommate, and been a good pal to laugh about random things while in Paris. God sends us angels all the time. We are lucky when we are able to have them as friends. As she reminded me today, I am here as I should be and everything is happening as it is supposed to.
No comments:
Post a Comment